Monday, September 22, 2008

Finally Fall





Today is the first day of Fall and by today's weather, it definitely feels like it. I LOVE IT! fall is my favorite season, but I am used to East coast fall with all the trees so I'm not getting my hopes up for fall in Idaho. We only have a small amount of trees here... although yesterday there were yellow leaves in the road and it was windy, that made my day. Tom probably thought I was weird for getting all jittery about that. Knowing rexburg, idaho... we'll get snow any week now because it snows about 8 months out of the year. We go from summer to winter back to summer. I Definitely miss east coast falls.

This is what I miss most.


Tom and I started back at work last thursday after our long vacation. It was rough going back the first couple of days since we're both sick with colds...I ended up giving mine to tom. whoops! I finally started my class with my new kids from the infant room and wow... it is definitely a challenge. Lots and lots of crying because they want binkies bottles and sleep all at the wrong times. It'll get better after a few weeks. I'm really excited about halloween for once because at this daycare, the take it seriously! everyone HAS to dress up and all the staff gets together and figures out what they're going to wear. There are already tons of decorations up and it's not even october yet! I am going to miss handing out candy though now that we're in rexburg. Highly doubt any kids will come to our door. But just incase, i definitely want to buy candy (because if nobody comes, then I get to eat it!)

I also had a friend pass 2 weeks ago from today. She passed away just before her 21st birthday. We went to middle school together and became best friends when she joined the church at age 11. She lived just down the street from me and we did everything together. Although we went our separate ways in high school and we only kept in touch once in a while, I still have very good memories with her> I got the call and was shocked. I still cant believe she's gone but I pray for her family that they will have comfort at this time. I'm sad i wasnt able to attend the funeral either. Im just grateful for the knowledge that we have in our gospel about life on earth and the afterlife.

Anywho, Just wanted to update a little and hope everyone is experiencing the first day of fall!

No comments: