Saturday, January 10, 2009

I guess I should post about going home huh?

Well right after christmas/before new years, I flew home (all my by lonesome self). Lets just say getting there and getting back was the least fun i have EVER had.. I think I would rather get my wisdom teeth taken out again! Considering I'm just getting over my sickness stage in my pregnancy, I'm peeing every 30 minutes and still throwing up... i was very worried about being on the shuttle down to the airport and on the plane and then all the driving we were going to do. On the way home (which is about 3 hours from DC), I made it down to the end of our driveway (its a long driveway) and had to pull over to throw up... I couldnt have made it 5 more minutes to get inside? No, apparently not.

On the way home, we had to drive back from Savannah, GA (which was 9 hours) we made it back to my hometown before we had to pull over and throw up. I constantly felt sick on the airplane ride home which seemed to take forever, and then the shuttle took stinkin over 6 hours... we were supposed to leave at 9... didnt leave till 9:45.. supposed to get in at 1:30 am and didnt get in till 3:30 am because of snow and fog. Plus i didnt get any sleep. Poor tom had to come pick me up when he had a 7:45 class(first day of classes) that morning. This was a total of over 24 hours of traveling for me. No fun at all.

I guess I could write about the good things that happened on the trip. It was awesome to be home in my own house (even if it was only for 2 days) and see my dad, pam and my little brother (who is not so little anymore) He is taller than me now and its too weird. Of course i got to see my dog sabastian who is getting so old and sick and im so sad i probably wont get to see him again = ( We didn't do much, we ordered chinese food for new years and just kind of hung around the house watching movies and what not. I was shocked I made it till midnight and was able to talk to tom when 2009 rang in... (along with 10 million gun shots outside out house... very normal)

We headed down to Georgia a few days later with Jody and Alex and my dad. It was a 12 hour trip and i was NOT excited. We had many barf bags (which luckily i didn't need) It was a long trip but by the time we got down there, it was like.. 50 degrees (which is hot for me) at 7 at night.. We stopped by Cori (my sister who we were visiting) and her coffee shop she works at and then headed to this sports bar to watch UTAH crush alabama! (it was a PRETTY SWEET game i must say)... and having alex there who goes to the U was even better.

Through out the days we were there we went to this Fort where there was a battle before the civil war and went through the tunnels and saw cannons fired off and what not. It was pretty neat. The other days we went and walked around town and went to the beach because it was always so nice out. It was always between 65-70 degrees) On our last day, when heading to the beach, we looked at the temp. in the car and it said 77 degrees!!! IN JANUARY!! (of course when i got to taking the picture it went down to 76). It was overall a good trip but I missed tom too much haha it was our first time apart and i don't know if I could do it again. Im not sure who missed who more.

It was a good trip home to see everyone but im glad to be back in my home with Tom, thats for sure. Now school has started and im Back to work. I did have an interview with a whole new daycare that is opening up so cross your fingers that I will get a job with them!

Finally , here are the pictures. Ill try to post some videos as well.. if i can figure it out.


Joey and Michelle said...

uhg i hated being pregnancy-sick and traveling! i feel for you!

Anonymous said...

Im glad you had such a good trip!!! Good luck with the job!

Brandon and Kassidi Bridge said...

So glad you got to go home! Sounds like you guys had a blast!