Friday, March 20, 2009

24 weeks


So I reached my 24th week this week and boy... somehow first trimester hit me again or something. I was SOO incredibly tired all time and on occasion i would start to feel sick and start to throw up but it never came out of my mouth (The worst! yuck!) but that only lasted a few days.

I finally have begun to get VERY uncomfortable when sleeping. Not like getting up to pee at least 3 times a night is enough but i cant manage to lay on my side with out cramping or some limb falling asleep and end up on my back (which my doctor says isnt as bad as everyone says, and ill know if my uterus is cutting off my blood supply) but then my back starts to hurt. Haha tom probably gets really annoyed with all my complaining when trying to get to sleep. I was saying this morning to tom, i dont even WANT to know how uncomfortable its gonna be when imHUGE and ready to deliver.. and well i might as well get used to not getting as much sleep!

I have also started (i think at least) getting shin splints.. ive never had them before but when im walking to the car after class up the LITTLE hill, my shins are KILLING me and i noticed that i cannot walk as fast as i used to, especially when walking next to tom, i have to tell him to wait up and not walk so fast. Today I could feel the weight on my hips and it was HURTING as i was walking down hill to my car from class. Yikes.

On a good note, she's been moving around like CRAZY. I finally felt her move around our ultrasound apointment last month and since then she has moments where I wonder exactly what she is doing in there! Tom finally felt her move and Kick really hard, which is a miracle because she seemed to only move when he wasnt around. It almost freaks me out because i can actually feel that there is a human in me! Itll be even more weird when i can tell which limb she's moving and what not. and as i type this she is kicking, and i can see parts of my stomach jumping.. craaaazy!

also, i have yet to get any stretch marks. Maybe its good skin or cocoa butter (although i rarely put it on and tom keeps reminding me that i need to... i dont think he's a fan of stretch marks. haha) I have been contemplating whether to put up a belly pic of my bare belly.. i have a lot of friends who are due around the same time who put them up and i think, i dont know if i coudl do that, but im thinking that maybe i will while i dont have stretch marks! ANywho, we go in for another appt on Monday and we will see what will happen then, i have no idea what theyre gonna do.


Oh, ps. can i mention that its supposed to be 60 degrees today!? YAAAY I have never been in 60 degree weather in march while living in rexburg. Can't wait to open the windows and do some spring cleaning!

6 comments:

JeSsIe and Alma said...

I am getting so excited for you! You look adorable~

I hope you dont get stretch marks! i did. but they didnt come till week 27. it was so random! all the sudden POP! there they were! i was so sad.

Anyhoo, yeah that sleeping thing is THE WORST! i hated that. and it only gets worse, which i am sure you know, but then when the baby comes you can finally get comfy, but then you have to get up with the baby.

I personally think that God makes us uncomfortable for the whole 9 months to prepare us for what is to come! Cuz i think it is harder to sleep after the baby comes then before. at least for the first 6 weeks~

I am so excited for you and you look great! cant wait to meet your little girl! Your the cutest preggo lady! Too bad we arent hanging around for longer our little girls could have been best buds! See ya soon!

The Sabatini Family said...

You are too cute Jess!! What a perfect little belly. Yeah, I didn't get stretch marks until later, but then I got them EVERYWHERE!! UGH. But, Adam was almost 9 pounds too. And, you do know that Tom was a 10 lb baby!! :) Hopefully you don't get stretch marks, that would be awesome.

Did you start to set up the baby's room?? I want to see!! I can't wait to see you guys in April. We are so excited for miss Dulaney to come!!!

Jess and Tom Roberts said...

yeah i cleared some more out of the spare room and have the armoir and changing table up, im just waiting for tom to put the crib together since its in like 3-4 different pieces. Once its up ill put pics up!

Christine said...

That is a pretty belly, not a stretch mark in sight. You are lucky! Are you just loving the warm weather we have been having. I hope it lasts, but knowing Idaho it won't.

Brandon Bridge said...

What a cute perfect little belly! I sure hope you don't get stretch marks...I got them SUPER bad a couple weeks before I had Hazel. It was like one day I didn't have any and the next I did.

Anonymous said...

love to see some pics with the jeans and panties pulled down, are you shaved or hairy?