Saturday, August 3, 2013

Tahoe/Lagoon Recap

i have like 200+ pictures from this trip..... and boy was it a long trip. Total we had 8 days of vacation. 4 of those days were spent driving ALL day. i. am. exhausted. I never want to go into that car again. for at least a week.

Thursday morning at 3 am we headed out and we were off to meet mom dad and leslie for breakfast in Klamath falls which was a little out of the ways for us. Then we headed to a farm for dad to look at. D liked looking at the cows. We then headed to reno and met up with julie, alex and paysen at costco and there was a HUGE thunderstorm/down pour. I loved it. reminded me of home.
Then we went up this HUGE mountain to our resort. it was pretty sweet. It was a huge resort looking over lake tahoe on one side and then overlooking carson city (and surrounding small towns) on the other side.
(this was taken from the internet... i never got a picture of it- but from below it looked like hogwarts or something)

The first day we got in late so I put the boys to sleep while everyone else went swimming. The pools were pretty neat. It was an indoor pool but you could swim under the wall/window and you swam to an outdoor pool. The rooftop had a little sauna and hot tub (sadly i never got to go into it, thank you boys!)

total trip from home - tahoe - 15 hours

here is everyone waiting to go swimming. This was our view from our room. 

(So when we got there we only had 1 room which was a 1 bedroom... so we called and said we requested a 2 bedroom... so they put half of us in another 1 bedroom thank goodness.)

The next morning we headed to one of the beaches for a Clark family reunion (mom's grandparents were clarks)- anyone know of the swimsuit company Lime Ricki? yup - those are my mother in laws cousins! they were all there and it was so funny to see everyone wearing their swim line (including myself!)

the water was COLD but gorgeous - so clear!! D loved it! the boys - not so much. they hadnt slept well and havent had naps... it was a little brutal for this momma!

Then the next day we learned that we needed to switch rooms since someone else was supposed to have our room (lots of miscommunication). well turns out we had to switch buildings. We ended up going to a different one and it was SO nice..(which we were originally supposed to have so that was a bummer). We had to hurry and pack and pack the car and then unpack the car and take everything into our new room for just the night (holy cow... do you know how much stuff you have with 3 kids?). Luckily they refunded half our money so mom and dad didnt have to pay basically! so that was nice. 

 So then we all took a nap and then we had to get ready to go to a bbq with the taylor family (just mom's immediate side with cousins/uncles/aunts). 

on the way there i was just looking out the window and i saw a BEAR! i made tom stop and i got out my camera - then a few other cars wanted to stop too and they scared the bear off.. which was annoying (why on earth would you run towards a wild bear!?) luckily i had my zoom on my camera so i got a few good shots!

Too bad D wasnt with us. she wouldve LOVED it (she had to be with grandma and grandpa the whole time!)

The next morning we headed out about 9:30 to drive to Utah (which is supposed to be about an 8 hour drive.. thats with out kids! haha) Well we only got to reno and we saw outlet malls... so we went around those for about 2 hours! THen we went on our way... total travel time - 12 hours

We got in really late and luckily we were able to stay at Tom's Aunt Janice's house in Utah.
the next day = LAGOON!

we spent ALL day at lagoon and had a blast. the boys were a little stir crazy being in the stroller for the whole day but they did end up loving the water park since there was a place they could sit and splash. (sadly i didnt bring my camera there and so no pictures - hopefully juile or mom got some with their phone ic an steal!)

D of course had a blast riding on all the rides!!

we then left and got MOOCHIES - (toms favorite in SLC - good philly cheesesteaks that were featured on diners drive ins and dives on FoodNetwork) and D wanted to go walk around temple square (she loved seeing all the temples)

last minute we decided to go to Rexburg since it was only 4 horus away and then head to boise that afternoon and stay at a hotel and then drive the rest of the trip home. Rexburg has changed a TON! holy cow. so many new buildings and we went into the new "mini conference center" and its just crazy

oh and we got a Snoasis! first one in 3 years. YUM!!! D loved it.

we then showed her where she was born. She got all excited "are we in rexburg? thats where i was born!" here she is outside of the hospital.

so total travel of that day? 8 hours - or maybe 9 with stopping.

then the next day from boise - home - we stopped again at outlet malls to just break up the trip - but we traveled about another 12...

holy cow.

i believe that
was close to 50 hours of traveling. Thats about driving cross country!!

anyways now we're glad to be home sleeping in our own bed... but now i have about 5 loads of laundry to fold and we are literally so exhausted that we can't move. We have become so lazy. My house is now a disaster and i dont want to cook. 
hopefully i can get back into a routine in the next day or so!

1 comment:

Jody and Alex said...

Fun! I love all the pictures of the boys asleep in the stroller. They are all getting so big!