Tuesday, August 19, 2008

4 Months

Just thought I would say that Tom and I have been married for 4 months now. Although, I must say, I feel like we've been married a LOT longer then that.

I guess I'll share how we met, but its not that great of a story. We just met up here at school at BYU-Idaho and we were in the same ward. I will admit. I liked him when I first saw him but we ended up just staying friends for that whole semester while we dated other people and what not. We started dating (it took him a little while longer to finally realize he liked me) when I moved down to Salt Lake for the fall semester I was wondering why I moved down there, previously, I knew it was the right thing to do after praying about it and jobs/housing fell right into place. I knew i was supposed to be down there for a reason but I felt so lost after things weren't going the right way. So when Tom came down a few weekends and let me know how he felt (i give him kudos for that, he had some serious guts to just let out how he felt) Well I wasnt sure if I still wanted to date him .But while he was still up in Rexburg, I went up to visit and knew that I liked him all over again (like the first time we met, i know, it sounds cheeeesey). We dated while we were away from eachother but tried to visit as much as we could. I guess I believe that he was the reason for me living in Salt Lake that fall. We got engaged pretty much right after I got back to rexburg for Winter semester. I knew he asked my dad at Dave (tom's cousin) and Emily's (my friend from back home i grew up with) wedding [small world]. I wasn't sure when it was going to happen but definitely sooner than later. I remember when we first started dating dave and emily were all saying we needed to get engaged at christmas and his parents were jokingly(ill say half jokingly) telling us to get married (haha, they crack me up!) But i told him I would never say yes if he asked me that soon. I am... or should i say WAS one of those people who had a timeline of how long to date...

but basically we got engaged Jan 11 and then got married April 19th in the Washington D.C Temple. By that time we had known each other for about exactly a year and we thought about it and we got married exactly 6 months after our very first date. All I know is that I'm glad things turned out the way they did and I love being married. I say we make a pretty good couple ; )

Dating:














Engaged:





















Married:

1 comment:

The Sabatini Family said...

I'm so happy things worked out for you guys!! I can't believe it has been 4 months already. So crazy. It's funny how things end up working out how they are supposed to. You and Tom are so meant for eachother and I am so HAPPY he found you and married you!!! We miss you guys tons. I can't wait to see your Mexico Pics - You'll have SO much fun!!!!! Love ya. ~Bonnie