it was awful. Tom had to go home and get the stuff i told him too... and half the stuff he didn't get right, sorry hun, but its true. I think D's "coming home outfit" was an outfit that was 6 months and i wore what i wore to the hospital back home. I didnt have shower products, i had to wear the hospital gown. i felt gross.
This time im going to be prepared. considering my short cervix and contractions - i could go early. and since im delivering 30 minutes away (if i make it past 35 weeks, if not ill be an hour away!) i cant relaly have tom just go home and pick me up stuff.
so here is my list i made tonight:
- nursing bra/tank top
- pj/pants i dont mind getting blood on. yuck.
- cheap flip flops
- my own sanitary pads (overnight ones!)
- my own towel (since hospital ones can cover my one bum cheek...)
- Robe (not sure ill want to risk using it!)
- Hair bands
- Make up - maybe to help me feel better? not sure since i dont wear it these days.
- Calming body lotion (love my aveeno stress relief body lotion!)
- Sundress to leave in (esp if i have a csection)
- boys going home outfits, including pjs for staying there to stay warm -(rexburg was awesome and gave us amazing warm swaddling blankets, but who knows about these hospitals)
- boys mittens, hats, blankets, swaddling blankets
- Clothes for tom (in case he doesnt have time to pack anything)
- Travel Size:
toothpaste (and cheap toothbrush)
shavecream and razor (incase i have csection and am there for a few days, might have to make tom shave my pits for me!)
then there is the ever important
- video camera (maybe? not to video tape birth, but take videos afterwards)
ok... now im wondering, should i bring my nursing pillow? i mean this thing is HUGE (for twins)... im thinking about bringing it and then leaving it in the car in case i need it tom can get it for me.
Then i need to remember to pack a bag for Dulany for when she goes to grandma's house -
- few pairs of clothes
- undies/pull ups/night time diapers
- and we will leave a key just incase they need to come get stuff.
and then obviously my purse with my I.D/Insurance cards.
if anyone can think of stuff - they should tell me. this seems almost ridiculous the amount of stuff i want to bring but i want to be prepared. i hated not having stuff when in the hospital with Dulany and i was only there for like 36 hours! I could potentially be there for 3-5 days.